Supporting Youth Employment
There are great jobs in manufacturing. From apprenticeships to technical occupations, we promote careers in the manufacturing sector to Ontario’s youth.
Our strong relationship with manufacturing firms and Ontario’s educational institutions and other workforce development agencies is our strength. Whether it is co-op placements, training partnerships or sponsoring apprentices; CSTEC has an enviable track record of supporting youth to enter manufacturing while helping manufacturers find future talent.
We know that Ontario’s manufacturers are experiencing challenges in attracting, retaining, and upskilling their workforce.
We are here to help. Over the past decade CSTEC and our partners have come together to help over 1,000 manufacturers and other employers address these challenges.
We have had an enviable track record in supporting big and small manufacturers with their human resource needs. From Ontario’s apprenticeship system to finding new talent for entry level occupations, we can help.
We recognize that industrial apprenticeship systems can often seem difficult for employers and workers alike to navigate.
Participating in an apprenticeship program ensures you will have an employee who is not only trained to provincial industry standards but also understands your unique workplace conditions.
In some locations of the province, CSTEC can sponsor an industrial apprentice for you. Or we may be able to provide financial incentives for registering an apprentice.
Labour Market Analysis
CSTEC produces manufacturing industry and occupation specific labour market forecasts and outlooks at the regional, provincial and federal levels.
Our research identifies future directions and creates labour market forecasts which reflect the strengths and challenges facing manufacturing.
Our Accomplishments Since 2013
- CSTEC has supported over 1,900 youth to enter into the manufacturing sector.
- Nearly 1,000 Ontario Youth are working in manufacturing through CSTEC’s efforts.
- Have created over 1,100 student co-op placements in manufacturing.
- Worked with 190 different stakeholders (Colleges, Universities, Employment Ontario, etc.) in our efforts to support the talent needs of Ontario’s manufacturing sector.
- Supported over 330 women to enter into the manufacturing sector.
- Supported and mentored over 500 apprentices to succeed in the manufacturing sector.
- Helped over 200 different manufacturing firms in Ontario to get the workers and skilled talent they need.
- Assisted almost 500 job seekers and laid off workers to find employment or transition to new careers.
- Supported over 350 newcomers to enter into manufacturing occupations.